check out my photography blog

check out my photography blog
You Know You Want to check it out

1.03.2009

New Year 2009

WOW 2009!!
We started out the new year a bit differently than we have since we started having our kids. Chels and Wyatt went to an Aggie's game then to dinner and he ended up staying at her apartment. Paige went to a friend's party then spent the night, so it was just Kody and I :) I'm not saying it was a bad thing because believe me it ABSOLUTELY was NOT!!! But we usually spend ringing in the new year with our family so we ended up doing the texting thing to each other at around midnight!! They all had a great time doing what they love and so did we :). But it made me stop and think...... sometime soon that is how it will be, there comes a time in our kids lives when there are better things to do than spend time with mom and dad, and we will be spending a lot more time with just each other... I am so thankful that Kody and I can spend time alone with each other and be really GREAT with that again!!! we are so use to having the kids always around, but I am so happy to realize its gonna be okay to just be with each other. 2008 was a Year for our family. We went through some things that i never thought we would have to and realize it has made us a stronger and happier family. I am so thankful for all the times of our lives. It makes us the kind of people we end up being in life and helps us to be stronger and hopefully healthier, happier people. Bryce is on his mission, Chelsea graduated and moved out, Paige is playing on a comp basketball team for the second season and has played comp soccer since she was old enough with Me being her coach for the last two seasons!! And is now a Young Woman who is in the 8th grade, Wyatt turned 7(oh my how the time flies :(. He played soccer and basketball and on a comp baseball team which was so fun for us as parent to watch!!
The kids just keep growing which means we keep growing older.....
So we spent new years day headed to purchase two new snowmobiles and a trailer. Kody and I finally decided we really needed to enjoy doing the kinds of things we loved doing now while our kids can enjoy it and we are still young enough to enjoy it too!!! (not like it was a light bulb moment ... we have thought that many times in the past but just taking the giant leap to put words into action for us is a bit BIG and SCARY haha)
Kody is totally stoked and i am hoping we get to spend enough time snowmobiling to make it worth the money!!!! I have never been one to enjoy being very cold and i am known to be cold while the rest of the family is complaining of heatstroke I have always loved sun sand and water more than winter so this is a whole new way of looking at life for me!!! But now we have three snowmobiles and I realize this is a passion for Kody that i didn't know before now that it was!!! We always go to the cabins in Idaho and now will have enough of our own sleds that we can just go and have a great time!!! I'm hoping tomorrow i can get some pics posted of our great time this weekend with the new sleds!! Chels actually came with us and stayed over which was really fun, Wyatt is always so happy when chels can still come and do things with the family and she is usually a pretty good sport about it and seems to like hanging out with us more since she has moved out(we think she has decided we arent' as odd as she thought we were haha). We went on a long midnight run, the snow was so beautiful on the trees and the weather was amazing!!!! I just realize more and more how important these times together as a family will be to keep the kids wanting to be together as they continue to get older. I just have to say right now that life is good, my family is so amazing I love my husband more now than ever and all of our times together. We are so blessed to have families we enjoy spending time with and creating memories together. 2009 is going to be even better because I am going to try harder to be happier and kinder and more giving, i love my life and know i have my Heavenly Father to thank for all of my amazing oppurtunties and blessings.
HAPPY 2009 TO ALL MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!!

6 comments:

Jamie Kent said...

That was fun to read. You have such a good family, I have always thought that. We have watched you guys for the last 11 years we have lived by you and you guys are awesome! I bet you will love those sleds, what a fun purchase for you and your family. I agree, we need to enjoy now, time goes by too fast!

Shelli Roholt said...

Hey!!! I have to say I have so enjoyed spending more time with you and getting to know you more. It is amazing it has been that long that we have been neighbors you guys are so great!!! We love having Kaden over, he is such a really great kid, he is so good for Wyatt!! You did an awesome job today wow those girls really loved it too!!!! Thanks for being a great family to live by and being such a good example to our family. We had a great time and hopefully will enjoy the snowmobiles because we definetly aren't gettin any younger and unfortunatley the kids just keep growing up, it is great for them but so hard for us!!!

Anonymous said...

Shelli!
Hey! I am glad i found your blog! You guys are so cute! If you need any help during spring soccer let me know! My schedule is SO SO much nicer this semester than last ... no labs ;) Yay!

Amy and David said...

Shelli,
I am glad you found my blog. Your kids are getting so big. Cute blog :)

Shelli Roholt said...

it has been really fun to figure out and see people on here and see how they are all doing!! I am glad you are okay from your accident that could have been really bad!!!

Shelli Roholt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Followers